The Boilermakers and Ironworkers share many common opportunities and challenges in the political arena. Following are resources to bring our members’ voices together for stronger advocacy.
The Boilermakers’ Legislative Education Action Program (LEAP) just celebrated its 51st year and brings Boilermakers to Washington, D.C. each year to advocate for issues that impact our union and working Americans and to meet with lawmakers. Contact:
Boilermakers Government Affairs Department
Cecile Conroy, Director of Government Affairs
- Congressional Action Homepage
- LEAP program guide and action items
- Carbon Capture Use and Storage resources
- Carbon Capture Use and Storage advocacy page and video
- Working Families Toolkit: Customizable political and legislative flyers, sample letters and more.
- Voter Information: Register to Vote, find your polling place, sign up for the election reminders and more.
- Voter Registration
- Find a State or Local AFL-CIO
- Shipbuilding/Metal Trades Department
- Industrial Manufacturing
- Young Workers
- Working America